Read Latest Current Affairs One Liners Here
- PM Modi Unveils Rail and Road Projects in Madhya Pradesh: On August 12th, Prime Minister Modi started various projects in Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, worth over ₹4,000 crores. He also laid the foundation stone for the Sant Ravidas Memorial, which will cost ₹100 crore in Bartuma, Sagar. Additionally, he marked the beginning of two road projects, costing ₹1,582 crores, under the Bharatmala initiative. These roads will make traveling to famous places like the Buddhist stupas in Sanchi easier. Moreover, he inaugurated the doubling of the Kota-Bina rail route, built at a cost of ₹2,500 crore, which goes through Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- Nehru Trophy Boat Race in Kerala: The 69th Nehru Trophy Boat Race is set to happen on August 12th at Punnamada Lake in Alappuzha district, Kerala. This boat race has 72 boats, including 19 special Chundan Valloms or Snake Boats. It’s an annual event that occurs on the second Saturday of August. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate the race. Also, 60 young people from abroad, as part of the Know India Programme, will be there to see the race.
- National Space Innovation Challenge 2023 for Students: Atal Innovation Mission and NITI Aayog, along with ISRO, launched the National Space Innovation Challenge 2023. It’s a chance for students in classes 5 to 12 to come up with innovative solutions to modern space technology problems. This challenge, which runs until September 20th, encourages students to showcase their creativity and knowledge. It’s part of a bigger effort to support space enthusiasts and promote India’s space sector.
- Telangana Launches Agricultural Data Exchange: Telangana has introduced India’s first Agricultural Data Exchange (ADeX) and Agriculture Data Management Framework (ADMF) in Hyderabad. This digital public infrastructure (DPI) for the agriculture sector is a collaboration between the State Government, the World Economic Forum, and the Indian Institute of Science. The platform, currently in Khammam district, will be extended across the state. It helps securely exchange data between agricultural data users and providers.
- Growing Bilateral Trade Between India and Angola: India’s trade with Angola increased from $2.14 billion in 2020-21 to $4.22 billion in 2022-23. Angola is now India’s third-largest trading partner, sharing about 10% of Angola’s external trade. In their first Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) on August 11th, both countries reviewed their relations and discussed opportunities for cooperation. India also offered a $100 million Line of Credit for Angola’s defense procurement.
- Railway Stations to Have Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra: The Ministry of Railways is planning to set up Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra at railway stations across India. This initiative aims to provide affordable quality medicines to passengers and visitors. The project begins with fifty stations. These centers will also create job opportunities and allow entrepreneurs to open Jan Aushadhi Kendras. The stalls will be established and operated through a licensing process, providing accessible healthcare products.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)