Sports Current Affairs- October 16, 2023
- Who does former Test captain Tim Paine believe holds the key for Australia in the 2023 Men’s ODI World Cup?
- Which teams recently qualified for UEFA EURO 2024?
- What did Gavi’s precise winner in Oslo accomplish for Spain?
- How did England fare against Afghanistan in the 2023 Men’s ODI World Cup?
- Who successfully defended their title at the 2023 LIV Golf Jeddah?
- What did Afghanistan achieve against England in the ODI World Cup?
- What was the outcome of the Moldova vs Poland match in the UEFA Euro 2024 qualifier?
- What happened to the Repsol Honda Team at the Indonesian Grand Prix?
- Who were the standout performers in Germany’s friendly against the USA?
- How did Hubert Hurkacz perform against fifth seed Andrey Rublev?
- What was the highest-scoring victory on Day 2 of the 62nd Subroto Cup Inter School International Football Tournament?
- How many people were in the crowd during Afghanistan’s upset win over England?
- What new additions did the International Olympic Committee (IOC) make on Sunday?
- What is India’s interest regarding the Olympic Games for 2036?
- Has the IOC received any formal proposal from India for hosting the 2036 Olympic Games?
- Tim Paine believes that the key for Australia lies in the top-order getting runs in the power-play and either David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, or Marnus Labuschagne making a century.
- Spain, Scotland, and Türkiye recently qualified for UEFA EURO 2024.
- Gavi’s precise winner in Oslo secured Spain’s qualification to EURO 2024 and ended Norway’s hopes of finishing in the top two.
- England was outclassed by Afghanistan by 69 runs in the 2023 Men’s ODI World Cup.
- Brooks Koepka of Smash GC successfully defended his title at the 2023 LIV Golf Jeddah.
- Afghanistan produced an upset win by outclassing defending champions England by 69 runs in New Delhi.
- Moldova battled to a 1-1 draw with Poland, keeping its chances for progressing in the UEFA Euro 2024 tournament alive.
- Both Repsol Honda Team riders, Marc Marquez and Joan Mir, fell during the Indonesian Grand Prix and failed to finish.
- Jamal Musiala and Florian Wirtz were the standout performers in Germany’s 3-1 win in a friendly against the USA.
- Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz captured his second ATP Masters 1000 title by defeating fifth seed Andrey Rublev of Russia 6-3, 3-6, 7-6(8).
- Mamta Modern School, Vikapuri, New Delhi scored 31 goals past Army Public School, Samba, Jammu & Kashmir in the 62nd Subroto Cup Inter School International Football Tournament.
- A crowd of 26,440 was present during Afghanistan’s win over England.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) added words supporting human rights and processes for safeguarding athletes against abuse and harassment.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed India’s interest in hosting the Olympic Games in 2036.
- The IOC has not received any formal proposal or letter of interest from India regarding their intention to bid for the 2036 Games.
Sports Current Affairs-September 22, 2023
- When did India last win a medal in volleyball in the Asian Games?
- What was the outcome of the Indian men’s volleyball team’s match against Chinese Taipei?
- What event took a toll on the morale of India’s U17 Women’s soccer team?
- When and against whom will India commence the defence of their U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup title?
- Why did Minister Anurag Thakur cancel his visit to China for the 19th Asian Games?
- How did the Indian men’s table tennis team fare in their first match in the Asian Games?
- Who was named as a player in the first ODI against Australia after not being included in the 15-member squad for the Men’s ODI World Cup?
- What action did the Organising Committee of the Hangzhou Asian Games take regarding the denial of entry to Indian Wushu players?
- How long has it been since Ravichandran Ashwin last played an ODI before the recent match against Australia?
- Who replaced injured pacer Naseem Shah in Pakistan’s 15-member squad for the upcoming Men’s ODI World Cup?
- What trophies were displayed during Manchester City’s Treble Trophy tour in India at Kochi?
- Has Lionel Messi committed to extending his international career?
- Which team did River Plate beat in Argentina’s Primera Division?
- What team did Gremio defeat to keep their Brazilian Serie A title hopes alive?
- Who were named as flag bearers for China at the opening ceremony of the 19th Asian Games?
- India last won a medal in volleyball in the Asian Games 37 years ago.
- The Indian men’s volleyball team defeated Chinese Taipei 3-0.
- The morale of India’s U17 Women’s soccer team was affected by a 0-4 defeat against Thailand.
- India will commence the defence of their U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup title against Bangladesh on January 14, 2024.
- Minister Anurag Thakur cancelled his visit as a protest against China’s decision to deny accreditation and entry to the Indian Wushu team.
- The Indian men’s table tennis team won 3-0 against Yemen in their first match in the Asian Games.
- Ravichandran Ashwin was named to play in the first ODI against Australia.
- The Organising Committee of the Hangzhou Asian Games took up the matter with the Chinese government.
- It had been around 20 months since Ravichandran Ashwin last played an ODI.
- Hasan Ali replaced injured pacer Naseem Shah in Pakistan’s 15-member squad.
- The Premier League trophy, the FA Cup, the UEFA Champions League trophy, and the UEFA Super Cup were displayed in Kochi.
- Lionel Messi has expressed a desire to extend his international career at least until next year’s Copa America.
- River Plate beat Atletico Tucuman in Argentina’s Primera Division.
- Gremio defeated Palmeiras to keep their Brazilian Serie A title hopes alive.
- Qin Haiyang and Yang Liwei were named as flag bearers for China at the opening ceremony of the 19th Asian Games.
Sports Current Affairs- February 14, 2023
1-The Prime Volleyball League (PVL) season 2 got off to an exciting start last week in Bengaluru City. The action now transfers to Hyderabad for the second leg.
2-Shreyas Iyer, a middle-order batsman, has been asked to join the Indian team for the second Test against Australia, which begins on February 17 and will be played in New Delhi. He has been deemed fit.
3-In their debut match of Group B at the Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championships on Tuesday, India blanked Kazakhstan 5-0.
- Ishaan Bhatnagar and Tanisha Crasto’s mixed doubles duo gave India a victorious start. At the Dubai Exhibition Centre, the pair defeated Kazakhstan’s Makhsut Tadzhibullaev and Nargiza Rakhmetullayeva 21-5, 21-11.
Sports Current Affairs
4-After leading their team to a convincing victory against Pakistan in the Women’s T20 World Cup opener, India’s Jemimah Rodrigues and Richa Ghosh rose to the 11th and 36th ranks in the latest ICC Women’s T20I Player Rankings, respectively.
5-Vice-captain and top-ranked Indian batter Smriti Mandhana is still in third place after missing the start of the season due to a finger injury. Shafali Verma, who was her opening-round companion, stayed put in tenth position as well.
6-The top two spinners in the bowling rankings, Sophie Ecclestone of England and Nonkululeko Mlaba of South Africa, have maintained their places.
Sports Current Affairs
7-Ravichandran Ashwin, a veteran Indian spinner, praised Cheteshwar Pujara profusely, calling him one of the best at playing percentages against spin and said that “his game is merely an extension of his obstinate mentality.”
- When India plays Australia in the second game of the four-match Border-Gavaskar series, Pujara will join the select group of Indian athletes who have appeared in 100 Test matches.
8-On February 17, the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi will host the start of the second Test of the four-game series. India defeated the visiting Australia by an innings and 132 runs in the opening match in Nagpur.
9-After South Africa opted not to attend the competition despite qualifying, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) extended an invitation to Ireland to join the Men’s Pro League for the upcoming season.
Sports Current Affairs
10-The FIH extended an invitation to Ireland, the runners-up in the Nations Cup, to play in the Pro League in 2023–2024, and the “Green Machine,” as the Irish men’s team is known, accepted.
11-Mumbai Indians owner Nita M. Ambani praised the player auction as “a very special day for women’s cricket” after the conclusion of the player auction ahead of the Women’s Premier League’s inaugural season.
12-Akash Ambani attended the auction with Nita Ambani, Mahela Jayawardene, Global Head of Performance, MI, Charlotte Edwards, Jhulan Goswami, and Devieka Palshikaar, the women’s team’s head coach, team mentor, and bowling coach (Batting Coach).
13-Nita Ambani was quite excited about the thought of having both the Indian captains play for the MI family in the 2019 IPL season, which would also celebrate the tenth anniversary of Rohit Sharma taking over the team.
14-Nita Ambani, the first Indian woman to join the International Olympic Committee, suggested that the WPL could be a turning point for women’s sports in India.
15- Sumit Nagal, a star tennis player from India, was given a wild card entrance on Tuesday for the Bengaluru Open 2023, which is slated for February 20–26.