Bihar Current Affairs- Feb 22, 2023
Bihar Current Affairs play an important role to gain knowledge of the state people.
Bihar Current Affairs section helps students to face the various examinations in confident manner.
- After receiving repeated criticism for the liquor prohibition, the Bihar government released a study saying that 1.82 crore people (or roughly 96 percent of the state’s population) have stopped drinking since the ban was implemented in April 2016.
2-On Wednesday, the district administration of Patna imposed Section 144 in the village of Jethuli, which had been the scene of violence the previous two days.
3- Former chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi claimed on Wednesday that Nitish Kumar was accused of having an agreement with the RJD while he himself had a tacit understanding with the BJP by Upendra Kushwaha, who left the JD(U) and launched his own party.
Bihar Current Affairs
4-On Tuesday, a special court for MP-MLA cases in Chapra, Bihar, sentenced former minister Ravindra Nath Mishra, who had been found guilty on February 15 in a 33-year-old murder case during an investigation into election fraud, to life in jail.
- The former rural development minister Mishra and his younger brother were detained in connection with an incident that happened on February 27, 1990, during the Assembly election.
5-The RJD Member from Dinara in Rohtas districta said that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will pass over his post to him after Holi next month, despite coalition partner JD-“U-turn” U’s over Tejashwi Yadav being appointed the alliance’s CM face in 2025.
6-Two unidentified armed individuals shot and critically wounded a female teacher on Tuesday inside a school in the Saran region of Bihar, according to authorities.
- Namita Kumari, a teacher at a public school in Chapra city’s Morartola neighbourhood, was named as the victim.
- 7-Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of Bihar, criticised Upendra Kushwaha on Tuesday for leaving the JD-U and asserted that it was “good” for him to do so.
Bihar Current Affairs
8-Sanjay Jaiswal, the president of the BJP in Bihar, visited Upendra Kushwaha in Patna on Tuesday, a day after the politician declared he was leaving the Janata Dal-United and starting a new political organisation.
9-Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of Bihar, lost his cool on Tuesday when a farmer used English phrases during a presentation at a farmers’ meeting.
- At a meeting held by the Bihar Agriculture Ministry to discuss the implementation of the fourth agriculture road map in Bapu Sabhagar, Nitish Kumar served as the chief guest.
10-An official stated on Tuesday that up to 22 people have been detained by Patna Police in relation to the incident in Jethuli hamlet.
- The incident in the Jethuli village, which is within the jurisdiction of the Nadi police station, started when Baccha Rai, his relative Umesh Rai, and more than a dozen other men opened fire on Chenarik Rai, his family, and supporters while they were parking a car.
11-Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of Bihar, will speak with farmers on Tuesday to discuss the state’s fourth agriculture road map.
- Sources claim that more than 4,700 farmers will congregate at Bapu Sabhagar for the agriculture department’s function.
- Furthermore, present will be Agriculture Minister Kumar Sarwjeet and Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Prasad Yadav.
Bihar Current Affairs
12- The head of the opposition in the Vidhan Parishad, Samrat Chaudhary, called for the resignation of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday in response to allegations of widespread violence in Jethuli village in the Patna district on Sunday.
13-Rashmi Verma, a BJP lawmaker from the Narkatiaganj assembly district in Bihar, is accused of receiving a gangster’s phone call threatening to shoot her “with an AK-47 rifle,” according to the police.
- Verma, who had taped the phone call, turned it in to the Narkatiaganj police station in West Champaran.
14- Sushil Kumar Modi, a former deputy chief minister of Bihar and a member of the Rajya Sabha, stated on Monday that Upendra Kushwaha’s decision to leave the JD-U is not a typical episode and will have “far-reaching ramifications” for the ruling party.
15-Janata Dal United (JD-U) national president Lalan Singh reversed his decision to name Tejashwi Yadav, the head of the RJD and deputy chief minister of Bihar, as the Mahagathbandhan’s candidate for chief minister in the 2025 Assembly election.