Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers- Sept 8, 2023
- What did Elon Musk reveal about an emergency request concerning SpaceX?
- Where is Google opening a new visitor centre?
- What is Google celebrating this month?
- What new feature has Meta’s Twitter rival Threads rolled out in more countries?
- Where did Threads start testing the “keyword search” feature?
- What have Chinese scientists achieved concerning kidneys in pig embryos?
- How long did the humanised kidneys develop normally inside the surrogate pig mothers?
- Which cybersecurity solutions provider announced the acquisition of Atmosec?
- What does Atmosec specialise in?
- How many Global Capability Centres were established in India in the first half of this year?
- What is the total market size of GCCs in India as of FY2023?
- What does the new electronic device developed by scientists, including one of Indian-origin, monitor?
- Which star is being nibbled on by a black hole as discovered by NASA scientists?
- Who reported about SK hynix’s memory chips being used in Huawei’s smartphone?
- How does the new malware campaign target Mac users?
- What AI tool have researchers developed for people with Parkinson’s disease?
- What new verification system has YouTube launched in the UK?
- How many times were health videos viewed in the UK in 2022 on YouTube?
- What unique feature will the upcoming Honor 90 5G have?
- What has Y Combinator-backed Writesonic developed for visually impaired people?
- What can the new surface treatment developed by US scientists prevent on the ISS?
- Elon Musk did not yield to a government request to switch on the SpaceX space internet service up to Sevastopol in Crimea to target Russian ships.
- Google is opening a new visitor centre at its headquarters in Mountain View, California.
- Google is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
- Threads has rolled out a “keyword search” feature.
- Threads started testing the feature in Australia and New Zealand.
- They created kidneys with human cells in pig embryos.
- 28 days.
- Check Point.
- Rapid discovery and disconnection of malicious SaaS applications.
- 18 Global Capability Centres.
- $46 billion.
- The health of transplanted organs by tracking their temperature.
- Swift J023017.0+283603 or Swift J0230.
- Bloomberg News.
- Through malicious ads for Google searches that trick users into installing the “Atomic Stealer (AMOS)” malware.
- An AI tool that assesses the severity of their symptoms within minutes using a webcam.
- A verification system for healthcare workers.
- More than three billion times.
- The industry-first zero-risk eye-comfort display with 3840Hz PWM Dimming technology.
- Audiosonic, which converts texts into human-like audio.
- The growth of biofilms which are mats of microbial or fungal growth
Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers-July 8, 2023
- By what percentage did job cuts in the US drop in June, reaching a seven-month low?
- Which two digital payments giants in China faced hefty penalties as part of the regulatory crackdown?
- How much was Tencent fined by the People’s Bank of China?
- How many followers has Meta’s Twitter rival Threads amassed?
- Which law firm did Twitter sue as Elon Musk tried to back out of his deal to buy the platform?
- Will Apple’s next-generation iPhone 15 Pro Max be more costly than the previous Pro Max model?
- According to Apple analyst Jeff Pu, what will be the price increase for Apple’s two upcoming Pro models?
- Who worked to establish India as the trusted tech partner for the world as Microsoft India President?
- Who has been promoted to Managing Director of Microsoft India?
- Who became the first person to hit one million followers on Meta’s Twitter rival Threads?
- At what time did Jimmy Donaldson hit a million followers on Threads?
- When is the third moon mission by the Indian space agency scheduled?
- How much did venture funding in the cryptocurrency space drop in the second quarter globally?
- How many consecutive quarters have seen a nosedive in crypto funding, according to TechCrunch?
- 49 percent.
- Tencent and Alibaba.
- Approximately 2.99 billion yuan ($410 million).
- 70 million.
- The law firm that represented Twitter.
- Higher than the $1,099 starting price of the current iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Anant Maheshwari.
- Irina Ghose.
- Jimmy Donaldson aka ‘MrBeast’.
- July 6 at 9:42 a.m. EST.
- July 14 at 2.35 p.m.
- $2.34 billion.
Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers-March 21, 2023
- “Expand your horizons with Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Unlock the secrets of the universe by delving into Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers can help you understand the complexities of the world we live in.”
- “Keep up with the latest technological advancements by staying informed with Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Develop your critical thinking skills with challenging Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Impress your peers and professors with your knowledge of Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Acquiring a strong foundation in Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers can open up a world of career opportunities.”
- “Never stop learning and growing by exploring the vast world of Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Stay ahead of the curve by mastering Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers are essential for success in a world driven by technology.”
- “Challenge yourself and test your knowledge with Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Become a well-rounded individual by incorporating Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers into your learning journey.”
- “Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers can be a fun and engaging way to learn about the world around us.”
- “Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Elevate your academic experience with Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Embrace the power of knowledge with Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Broaden your perspective with Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
- “Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers can help you become a more informed and responsible global citizen.”
- “With Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers, the possibilities for learning are endless.”
- “Stay curious and hungry for knowledge by exploring Science and Technology GK Questions With Answers.”
Here are some one-liner quiz questions with answers on “Science and Technology GK Questions” along with explanations:
Round 1: General Science
What is the largest organ in the human body?
Answer: Skin. Explanation: The skin is the largest organ in the human body, covering an area of about 20 square feet.
Which gas is most abundant in the Earth’s atmosphere?
Answer: Nitrogen. Explanation: Nitrogen makes up about 78% of the Earth’s atmosphere.
Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
Answer: Mars. Explanation: Mars is known as the Red Planet because of its reddish appearance, caused by iron oxide (rust) on its surface.
What is the smallest unit of life?
Answer: Cell. Explanation: A cell is the smallest unit of life, and all living organisms are made up of one or more cells.
What is the study of living organisms called?
Answer: Biology. Explanation: Biology is the scientific study of living organisms and their interactions with each other and their environment.
Round 2: Physics
What is the formula for calculating force?
Answer: Force = Mass x Acceleration. Explanation: Force is equal to the mass of an object multiplied by its acceleration.
What is the unit of measurement for force?
Answer: Newton. Explanation: The unit of measurement for force is the Newton (N).
What is the speed of light?
Answer: 299,792,458 meters per second. Explanation: The speed of light is the fastest possible speed at which energy or information can travel, and it is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second in a vacuum.
What is the formula for calculating kinetic energy?
Answer: Kinetic energy = 1/2 x Mass x Velocity^2. Explanation: Kinetic energy is equal to one-half of an object’s mass multiplied by the square of its velocity.
What is the force that opposes motion between two surfaces in contact?
Answer: Friction. Explanation: Friction is the force that opposes motion between two surfaces in contact, and it can be caused by various factors such as roughness and adhesion.
Round 3: Chemistry
What is the smallest unit of an element that retains its properties?
Answer: Atom. Explanation: An atom is the smallest unit of an element that retains its chemical properties.
What is the most abundant element in the Earth’s crust?
Answer: Oxygen. Explanation: Oxygen is the most abundant element in the Earth’s crust, making up about 47% of its mass.
What is the process of converting a solid directly into a gas called?
Answer: Sublimation. Explanation: Sublimation is the process of converting a solid directly into a gas without going through the liquid state.
What is the formula for water?
Answer: H2O. Explanation: Water is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, giving it the chemical formula H2O.
What is the pH scale used for?
Answer: The pH scale is used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. Explanation: The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral, and lower numbers indicating greater acidity and higher numbers indicating greater alkalinity.
Round 4: Earth Science
What is the outermost layer of the Earth called?
Answer: Crust. Explanation: The crust is the outermost layer of the Earth, and it is composed of solid rock.
What is the process of breaking down rocks into smaller pieces called?
Answer: Weathering. Explanation: Weathering is the process of breaking down rocks into smaller pieces through various physical, chemical, and biological processes.
What is the layer of the Earth’s atmosphere where weather occurs?
Answer: Troposphere. Explanation: The troposphere is the lowest layer of the Earth’s atmosphere and is where weather occurs.
What is the process of one tectonic plate moving beneath another called?
Answer: Subduction. Explanation: Subduction is the process where one tectonic plate moves beneath another, leading to the formation of mountains and earthquakes.
What is the study of the Earth’s physical and biological features called?
Answer: Geology. Explanation: Geology is the study of the Earth’s physical and biological features, including rocks, minerals, and fossils.
Round 5: Technology
What is the world’s largest social media network?
Answer: Facebook. Explanation: Facebook has over 2.7 billion monthly active users and is the largest social media network in the world.
What is the most popular search engine on the Internet?
Answer: Google. Explanation: Google is the most popular search engine on the Internet, accounting for over 90% of all searches worldwide.
What is the technology that allows us to make phone calls over the Internet?
Answer: VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). Explanation: VoIP is a technology that allows us to make phone calls over the Internet, bypassing traditional phone networks.
What is the technology that allows us to connect multiple devices to the Internet wirelessly?
Answer: Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity). Explanation: Wi-Fi is a technology that allows us to connect multiple devices to the Internet wirelessly, using radio waves.
What is the programming language used to develop most Android apps?
Answer: Java. Explanation: Java is the programming language used to develop most Android apps, and it is also widely used in other areas of software development.
Round 6: Medical Science
What is the medical term for high blood pressure?
Answer: Hypertension. Explanation: Hypertension is the medical term for high blood pressure, which can lead to various health problems if left untreated.
What is the medical term for low blood sugar?
Answer: Hypoglycemia. Explanation: Hypoglycemia is the medical term for low blood sugar, which can cause various symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, and fainting.
What is the medical term for inflammation of the liver?
Answer: Hepatitis. Explanation: Hepatitis is the medical term for inflammation of the liver, which can be caused by various factors such as viruses, alcohol, and drugs.
What is the medical term for the condition where the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues?
Answer: Autoimmune disease. Explanation: An autoimmune disease is a condition where the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues, leading to various health problems.
What is the medical term for the condition where the body is unable to produce insulin?
Answer: Diabetes. Explanation: Diabetes is a condition where the body is unable to produce insulin or use it properly, leading to high blood sugar levels and various health problems.