Science and Technology Current Affairs- November 5, 2023
- What role does the immune system play in the beneficial effects of exercise, according to new research?
- What increased risk is associated with higher self-reported childhood adversity in relation to Covid-19?
- What new model has Meta announced for Instant Games distribution?
- How does tobacco smoking cause cancer and make it more difficult to treat, as revealed in a recent study?
- What was the growth percentage of India’s 5G smartphone shipment share in Q3 of this year?
- What advice did Walter Sun from SAP offer regarding AI at India’s upcoming global AI summit?
- What unique response did Infosys founder Narayan Murthy give when asked about his activities?
- What was the EBITDA loss of Byju’s core business in the financial year 2021-22?
- How are AI technologies being used in cancer patient care?
- What percentage of Indian employees experience burnout symptoms at work?
- What is Apple’s stance on investing in artificial intelligence, as revealed by CEO Tim Cook?
- What has been the impact of YouTube’s crackdown on ad blockers?
- Why did Google end its $15 billion deal with Lendlease?
- What injury did Mark Zuckerberg sustain, delaying a potential cage fight with Elon Musk?
- What is Elon Musk-run X’s new policy regarding unused user accounts?
- What is the predicted increase in human deaths from zoonotic diseases by 2050 due to climate change?
- What is the new feature introduced by Meta for Facebook Stories?
- What will the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence discuss at its New Delhi meeting next month?
- The immune system, through muscle inflammation and mobilisation of Tregs, plays a key role in enhancing muscle energy use and exercise endurance.
- A 12-25% increased risk of Covid-19 hospitalisation and mortality.
- Meta allows developers to publish their games directly to people on Facebook, even in early development stages.
- Tobacco smoking leads to harmful DNA changes called ‘stop-gain mutations’, undermining anti-cancer safeguards.
- A 78% growth, reaching 57% market share.
- Governments can learn from companies like SAP to make informed decisions on AI to accelerate innovation.
- Narayan Murthy replied he was “giving back” as advised by his wife due to his fortunate life.
- The loss was reduced from Rs 2,406 crore to Rs 2,253 crore.
- AI is used for scheduling appointments, monitoring health, providing disease information, and finding support.
- About 59% of Indian employees.
- Apple is heavily investing in AI and will do so responsibly for product enhancements.
- A record number of uninstalls of ad blocking products due to YouTube’s warnings to users with ad blockers.
- The deal ended due to current market conditions no longer being mutually beneficial.
- Zuckerberg tore his ACL while training and underwent surgery.
- X is selling unused user accounts for a flat fee of $50,000.
- A 12 times increase in deaths from diseases like Ebola, Marburg, SARS, and Nipah.
- The “Facebook Stories API” allows creation and sharing of a Facebook Story from third-party desktop or web apps.
- The risks associated with AI before a global framework is reached in Korea next year.
Science and Technology Current Affairs- October 12, 2023
- How old was the premature baby saved by doctors in Noida?
- How much did the premature baby weigh?
- From which place did the pregnant woman come?
- What was the medical risk the woman faced during her pregnancy?
- Which animal recently survived over two years after receiving a kidney from a genetically engineered pig?
- Who conducted the kidney transplant experiment?
- What is the significance of the kidney transplant according to Professor Tatsuo Kawai?
- What is the objective of the world-first trial launched by UK doctors?
- Which condition causes hearing loss in the children involved in the Cambridge University Hospitals trial?
- How long will the children be followed up in the gene therapy trial?
- What happened to the Swedish woman who lost her right hand?
- How does the Indian job market perceive AI in the next 1-5 years?
- What percentage of arthritis patients worldwide are women?
- What did Accenture recently decide about its employees’ pay hikes and promotions?
- What is the main highlight of Apple’s new “Study With Me” campaign video?
- Who has become India’s youngest billionaire?
- What detection rate has the latest AI software achieved for melanoma?
- Where was the melanoma detection research presented?
- What have the researchers at IIT Delhi developed recently?
- What action did the microblogging platform take regarding “Hamas-linked accounts”?
- By FY30, what percentage contribution is India expected to make to the global ER&D sourcing market?
- What did the first-ever rock sample from asteroid Bennu delivered by NASA’s OSIRIS-REx mission reveal?
- The baby was 25 weeks old.
- The baby weighed 750 gms.
- The pregnant woman hailed from Jhansi.
- The woman faced a risk due to the leaking of amniotic fluid, which could lead to infections.
- A monkey survived.
- The experiment was conducted by researchers at the US biotech company eGenesis and Harvard Medical School.
- He said it’s a “major step forward for the field of transplantation.”
- The objective is to see whether gene therapy can provide hearing for children with a rare genetic condition.
- The condition is auditory neuropathy.
- They will be followed up for five years.
- She was implanted with a human-machine interface into her residual bone, nerves, and muscles.
- Over 85 per cent of Indian employers expect AI to create new jobs.
- More than 60 per cent of arthritis patients are women.
- Accenture is skipping pay hikes for its employees and reducing promotions at senior positions.
- The video showcases the new 15-inch MacBook Air and is hosted by Storm Reid, using the Pomodoro technique for study sessions.
- Nikhil Kamath.
- 100 per cent.
- The research was presented at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Congress 2023 in Berlin, Germany.
- They developed a scalable and wearable pressure sensor.
- The platform removed hundreds of “Hamas-linked accounts”.
- India is expected to contribute 22 per cent.
- The sample has a high-carbon content and water, signalling the building blocks of life.
Science and Technology Current Affairs-Sept 17, 2023
- What new Covid variants have led to a resurgence in cases of Covid-19?
- Which regions have been most affected by the resurgence of Covid-19 due to the new variants?
- In which month did the ECDC report an increase in Covid transmission in Europe?
- Which age group in Europe has been particularly affected by the resurgence?
- Who is Sergey Brin’s ex-wife?
- With whom was Nicole Shanahan rumored to have a romantic relationship?
- Who reported on the details of Brin’s divorce?
- Why did SK hynix stop doing business with Huawei Technologies Co.?
- Who made a claim about discovering the reason behind brain cell death leading to Alzheimer’s?
- What are amyloid and tau in the context of Alzheimer’s?
- Who led the research team that developed the first artificial multisensory integrated neuron?
- In which journal was the artificial neuron work published?
- What company is SoftBank considering investing in after the listing of Arm?
- What event is considered the first to lead to Parkinson’s?
- What is the main symptom of Parkinson’s due to the loss of which type of neurons?
- Which companies announced to offer the new iPhone 15 series in the country?
- Where was Lina Khan, the chair of the FTC, when MGM Resorts International was hacked?
- For how long is a 90-minute nap followed by a 30-minute nap effective during overnight duty?
- Who conducted the study on Facebook’s Covid-19 vaccine misinformation policies?
- What new feature has X Corp introduced for X premium users?
- How many residents are there on the ISS after the arrival of Loral O’Hara and two cosmonauts?
- What notification feature did X Corp introduce regarding Community Notes?
- How much was TikTok fined by the Irish DPC for failing to keep kids’ data safe?
- What is the fatality rate of Nipah virus?
- How is the Nipah virus transmitted?
- XBB.1.5, EG.5 and BA.2.86.
- US, Europe, and Asia.
- Late August.
- People aged 80 and over.
- Nicole Shanahan.
- Elon Musk.
- Page Six.
- US chip sanctions against China in 2020.
- A team of scientists in the UK.
- Proteins that create plaques and tangles in the brain.
- Saptarshi Das.
- Nature Communication.
- Degeneration of dopaminergic neurons.
- Resting tremor, rigidity, and bradykinesia due to the loss of dopaminergic neurons.
- Redington Ltd and Ingram Micro.
- One of the MGM hotels in Las Vegas.
- More effective than a single 120-minute nap.
- Researchers at the George Washington University in the US.
- Government-ID-based verification checks.
- 10 residents.
- It will notify the user if the original post creator deletes the post annotated with a Community Note.
- 345 million euros ($379 million).
- 40 to 70 per cent.
- By respiratory droplets, blood, and bodily fluids; it’s a zoonotic virus transmitted from fruit bats to humans.
Science and Technology Current Affairs-June 24, 2023
- Elon Musk criticised traditional media, saying it’s not news by the time they publish anything.
- Mario Nawfal, CEO at NFT Tech and founder of International Blockchain Consulting (IBC), realized how much the media hates Musk this week.
- Dov Zimring, Google’s former Stadia product lead, shared insights on Stadia development.
- Reddit is introducing accessibility updates for moderators from next month.
- Amazon’s CEO Andy Jassy committed to investing $26 billion in India by 2030.
- Amazon has invested $11 billion in India and plans to invest $15 billion more by 2030.
- Andy Jassy tweeted about the productive meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, discussing Amazon’s investment commitment.
- India is a key market for Amazon with over $6.5 billion invested in e-commerce in the last decade.
- Hacker Joseph James O’Connor, behind the July 2020 Twitter hack, has been sentenced to federal prison in the US.
- Joseph James O’Connor attacked celebrity accounts, including Joe Biden, Kim Kardashian, and Elon Musk.
- Pakistani group Transparent Tribe has been orchestrating cyber attacks against the Indian Army and education sector.
- Seqrite’s report reveals that Transparent Tribe targets Indian government and military entities.
- APT36, a Pakistan-based group, is using a malicious file titled “Revision of Officers posting policy” to compromise Indian Army systems.
Science and Technology Current Affairs- February 16, 2023
1-On Wednesday, Dassault Systemes, a European software company, announced that Indian modular metal architectural company Metaguise would use its “3DEXPERIENCE Works” to enable cross-functional, multi-location, multi-stakeholder collaborations with real-time updates in a secure cloud environment. Metaguise is committed to sustainability.
2 Due to the continued economic recession, the US-based software company Sprinklr has let go of around 4% of its global workforce, or more than 100 individuals.
3-Elon Musk has indicated that, after stabilising the business and boosting its financial viability, he may stand aside as CEO of Twitter by the end of this year.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
4-In just 48 hours, Microsoft reported that more than 1 million users had joined the waitlist to test out the new Bing Search with ChatGPT capabilities.
- One million users have signed up for OpenAI’s ChatGPT in just one week.
5-Microsoft unveiled the “next-generation” ChatGPT artificial intelligence (AI)-powered Bing and upgraded the Edge browser with additional AI features.
New OpenAI large language model, which is more potent than ChatGP, powers the improved search engine.
6- According to a concept paper by the Indian Space Association (IspA), the development of space technology parks (STP) in India will propel the industry to greater heights much like information technology (IT) parks did for the country’s software industry.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
7-A study done by the UK’s Alan Turing Institute found that AI classifiers trained on audio recordings are unable to reliably determine whether a person has Covid-19 by listening to the sound of their coughs.
8- The creators of the now-defunct Tweetbot client have updated Ivory, their Mastodon application, and included a “Edit Posts” option.
- According to The Verge, additional upgrades include the capability to report users and posts as well as support for Mastodon’s server language translation capabilities.
9-Three people’s lives were saved thanks to the Apple Watch Series 8’s Crash Detection feature after a horrific vehicle accident in Germany that sent the victims plummeting 20 metres down an embankment.
- The automobile was travelling on the Bundesautobahn 20 (a route in Germany) when it “left the lane to the right, drove through a green strip, and was thrown over the crash barrier,” according to the preliminary findings, according to 9to5 Mac.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
10- Discord, a platform for Chat, has announced that it is bringing text support, video and screen sharing akin to Twitch, and to the Stage channels.
- Users will be able to demonstrate their skills in front of a virtual audience or “provide a visual help when presenting” thanks to the new features that are added to Stage channels, the business said in a blog post on Tuesday.
11-The realme 10 Pro 5G Coca-Cola Edition is the most fashionable and flawless smartphone ever released, made exclusively for the Indian youth. It was created in collaboration with the globally renowned soft drink company Coca-Cola.
- The 1000-unit limited edition tablet, which came in an 8+128GB form and costs Rs 20,999 with 8GB+8GB dynamic RAM, featured a back that was inspired by Coca-iconic Cola’s Red and Black Collision design.
12-Global technology giant Zoho has revealed that since beginning operations in the United Arab Emirates, which serves as its Middle East and Africa headquarters, it has had a 10 times growth.
Science and Technology Current Affairs
13- In addition to the recently unveiled Galaxy S23 series, Samsung on Wednesday announced that One UI 5.1 would be widely rolled out to current Galaxy devices beginning with the Galaxy S22 series, Z Fold4, Z Flip4, S21 series, and S20 series.
14-According to a research released on Wednesday, China’s smartphone market had a strong start to the year, and at the beginning of 2023, sales quickly rose week on week to exceed 7 million units.
15-As part of their shared commitment to preparing the workforce of tomorrow with skills for the future, Shell India and Microsoft on Wednesday launched a partnership to teach digital skills to students at vocational education institutions.
- The project’s goal is to provide 5,000 underprivileged adolescents from 24 government institutions with the digital productivity and employability skills they need to be successful in the workforce and to get them ready for careers in the manufacturing and energy industries.