Physics one-liners for various competitive examinations
Welcome to the Physics Section page.
We know the importance of general awareness, GK (General Knowledge) in various competitive exams for aspirants.
We are publishing general awareness notes and study material on various subjects daily.
These Physics notes are extremely useful for all exams including Bank Exams.
Watch Physics One-Liners
Heat and Temperature
1- Heat is the form of energy that produces the sensation of warmth.
* The SI unit of Heat is joule and other unit calories (1 cal = 4.2 Joule).
* The transfer of heat is always from hotter to colder body
* The heat flows from one body to another due to the difference in their body temperature.
* Temperature is the measure of hotness or coldness of a body.
* To measure the temperature of a body following temperature scales are used
* Fahrenheit scale of temperature ice point = 32° F Boiling point of water = 212° F
* Celsius scale of temperature ice point is 0°C Boiling point of water = 100°C
* Reaumur scale of temperature ice point is 0° R, The Boiling point of water = 80°R
* Kelvin or absolute scale of temperature ice point = 273° K Boiling point of water = 373° K
* Rankine scale of temperature ice point = 491.67° R; Boiling point of water = 671.641° R
Different scales of temperature are related as follows:
C/100 = F-32/180 = R/80 = K-273/100
K =273+ °C
* At temperature – 40°C = – 40°F
* The temperature at which the three phases of water remains at equilibrium is called a triple point of water (273.16 K)
* The instruments used to measure the temperature of a body is called a thermometer.
* Thermometer was developed by Galileo who found that the gases expand on heating.
* Mercury is commonly used through a wide range from –30°C to 300°C in Thermometer.
There are three types of Thermometers-
a-Clinical thermometer- This is used to measure human body temperatures and ranges from 96° F to 110°F or 35°C to 43°C.
* Clinical thermometer measures temperature in degree Fahrenheit (°F).
b-Electronic thermometer- Basic components are thermistors or thermoresistors. The range of electronic thermometer is –40° to 450°F.
c- Other thermometers include platinum resistance thermometer, constant volume gas thermometer, etc
Also, watch other Physics bits here
Also watch Current Affairs here
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)