Agriculture- One Liners
* Rice is a tropical crop
* In Commercial farming, crops are raised on a large scale
- Shifting agriculture in Brazil is known as Roco.
- Wheat is a Temperate crop.
- The most intensively cultivated areas of the world are lowlands.
- Coffee needs dry Conditions during harvest time.
- Milpa means shifting Agriculture in Central America.
- Commercial farming is common in North America.
- The Indian Institute of Horticultural Research is located at Bangalore.
- National Research Centre for Grapes is located at Pune.
- All India Coordinated Research Project on Tropical Fruits is located at Bangalore.
- In 2002 National Seed Policy was announced.
- Maximum wool produced in India is of Carpet grade.
- Karnal Bunt affects cereal crop Wheat.
- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sub-Tropical Fruits is located at Lucknow.
- National Research Centre for Citrus is located in Nagpur.
- The Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture is located at Lucknow.
- Maximum Jute mills in India are in Private Sector.
- Mulberry variety accounts for the maximum production of silk in India.
- Sant Kabir Award has been launched for the people who are related to Handloom industry.
White rust is an important fungal disease of Mustard.
HD 2967 is the new high yielding variety of Wheat.
(Visited 75 times, 1 visits today)