Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs-May 23
How much money has been disbursed by the Centre to Andhra Pradesh?
Answer: Rs 10,460.87 crore.
Why were the funds released to Andhra Pradesh?
Answer: As compensation towards revenue deficit under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.
Who had meetings with the Prime Minister regarding the release of funds?
Answer: Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy.
What did the Chief Minister repeatedly pitch for?
Answer: The release of funds promised to the state at the time of bifurcation.
Who directed the release of funds?
Answer: Mahendra Chandelia, Assistant Director at the Ministry of Finance.
Under which category were the funds released?
Answer: ‘Special General Financial Assistance’.
What was the purpose of the funds released?
Answer: To address the revenue deficit in the financial year 2014-15.
Has the Andhra Pradesh government interfered with the CBI investigation into Y.S. Vivekananda Reddy’s murder case?
Answer: No, according to government advisor Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy.
Which political party’s government is being mentioned in relation to the CBI investigation?
Answer: YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) government.
Is the YSRCP government involved in the ongoing CBI investigation against Kadapa MP Y.S. Avinash Reddy?
Answer: No, according to Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy.
How many times has Avinash Reddy appeared before the CBI?
Answer: 6-7 times, as mentioned by Ramakrishna Reddy.
Why did Avinash Reddy express his inability to appear before the CBI?
Answer: Due to his mother’s ill-health, as stated by Ramakrishna Reddy.
What did Avinash Reddy request from the CBI?
Answer: Time to appear for the investigation, as he sought it due to his mother’s ill-health.
Where is Avinash Reddy staying while his mother is undergoing treatment?
Answer: Avinash Reddy is staying at a hospital in Kurnool.
What are Avinash Reddy’s supporters doing outside Viswabharathi Hospital?
Answer: They are remaining outside the hospital amid reports of possible arrest by the CBI.
Why is Avinash Reddy staying at the hospital?
Answer: He is staying at the hospital with his mother who is being treated for a cardiac ailment.
Who did Avinash Reddy write to seeking exemption from appearance?
Answer: He wrote to the CBI seeking exemption from appearance.
Until when did Avinash Reddy request exemption from appearance?
Answer: He requested exemption till May 27.
Why did Avinash Reddy mention his responsibility for taking care of his mother?
Answer: He mentioned that his father is in judicial custody and being the only son, he is responsible for taking care of her during this critical time.
What did the Supreme Court refuse to do regarding Avinash Reddy?
Answer: The Supreme Court refused to pass interim orders to restrain the CBI from arresting Avinash Reddy.
What did the Supreme Court direct the Telangana High Court to do?
Answer: The Supreme Court directed the Telangana High Court to conduct a hearing on May 25 on Avinash Reddy’s petition for anticipatory bail.
Why did Avinash Reddy not appear before the CBI on May 16 and May 19?
Answer: On May 16, he cited prior fixed official engagements in Pulivendula, and on May 19, he conveyed that his mother took ill.
What did the central agency do on May 19 regarding Avinash Reddy?
Answer: The central agency issued a fresh notice on May 19, directing Avinash Reddy to appear before it on May 22.
Why did Avinash Reddy express his inability to appear before the CBI again?
Answer: He expressed his inability to appear due to his mother’s poor health.
Who was Vivekananda Reddy, and what happened to him?
Answer: Vivekananda Reddy was the brother of former Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy and the uncle of Jagan Mohan Reddy. He was murdered at his residence in Pulivendula on March 15, 2019.
Whom did the CBI arrest last month?
Answer: The CBI arrested Avinash Reddy’s father, Bhaskar Reddy, who is a cousin of Rajasekhara Reddy.
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs- May 10, 2023
- What is the name of the new program launched by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy?
- The new program is called ‘Jaganannaku Chebudham’.
- What is the purpose of ‘Jaganannaku Chebudham’?
- The program aims to redress individual grievances related to government services or schemes.
- What is the toll-free helpline number launched by the Chief Minister for this program?
- The toll-free helpline number is 1902.
- What is the upgraded version of ‘Spandana’?
- ‘Jaganannaku Chebudham’ is the upgraded version of ‘Spandana’.
- How will the government gather citizens’ grievances for ‘Jaganannaku Chebudham’?
- The government will proactively reach out to citizens and gather their grievances in a focused manner.
- How many government officials were present during the launch of ‘Jaganannaku Chebudham’?
- Over 1 lakh government officials were present during the launch of the program.
- How will the government ensure timely and effective resolution of citizens’ issues under ‘Jaganannaku Chebudham’?
- The government has formed Project Monitoring Units (PMUs) that will work at various levels of government to regularly follow up and monitor the redressal process.
- Who was granted bail in a financial irregularities case related to a chit fund company?
- Former TDP MLC Adireddy Appa Rao and his son Adireddy Srinivasa Rao.
- When were they arrested by the Crime Investigation Department (CID) of Andhra Pradesh?
- On April 30.
- What is the name of the chit fund company they are directors in?
- Jagajjanani Chit Funds Private Limited.
- What did the counsel of the TDP leaders argue during the hearing on the bail petition?
- That the Depositors Act does not apply in the case and a case was registered against them without any complaint lodged by depositors.
- What did the state government’s Advocate General Sriram submit to the court?
- That the accused diverted money of the depositors for other purposes.
- Which political party condemned the arrests?
- The TDP.
- Who spoke to TDP Rajahmundry MLA Adireddy Bhavani over the phone and expressed solidarity with her?
- TDP national president and former chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu.
- What did Naidu say about the ruling party’s behavior?
- He lamented that there is no change in the ruling party’s behavior and that political harassment and vendetta by the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) government is increasing by the day.
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs- Feb 21, 2023
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs play an important role to gain the knowledge.
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs section helps students to compete in the examinations.
1- At a time when controversies taint the relationships between state governments and governors, Andhra Pradesh’s departing governor Biswabhusan Harichandan upheld the dignity and decorum of his office by ensuring the best coordination between various constitutional bodies and offering helpful advice on the state’s development, according to Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on Tuesday.
- In honour of the departing Governor, the state government had organised a special event at the Convention Centre in Vijayawada where he was addressing.
2 In response to the congratulations, Harichandan stated he was deeply moved by the Chief Minister and the people of Andhra Pradesh’s overwhelming regard, love, and admiration for him.
3-The departing governor stated that the country’s RBKs (Rythu Bharosa Kendras) have evolved into role models and added that YS Jagan, the chief minister, was like a member of his family. He continued by saying that the Chief Minister took decisive action to contain the pandemic and protect the public health system.
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs
4-TDP national General Secretary Nara Lokesh on Tuesday promised to establish an Islamic bank once the party enters the government in Andhra Pradesh again.
- After a two-day break, Lokesh resumed his pada yatra, “Yuva Galam,” and spoke with Muslim community leaders in Sri Kalahasthi, Tirupati district.
- Whenever the TDP is back in power, Nara Lokesh also pledged to provide justice to communities like Gandla, Telikula, and Deva Telikula.
6-As the “Yuva Galam” reached Thondamanupuram panchayat in the Srikalahasti Assembly segment, Lokesh gave the residents an assurance that they would have access to clean drinking water within 100 days of regaining power.
7- Nara Lokesh described how N. T. Rama Rao, the TDP’s founder, established the Minority Corporation. “The company persisted despite the change in government for the past few years, but after Mr. Jagan Mohan Reddy became the Chief Minister, he disbanded it,” he claimed.
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs
8- Surgeons from the Asian Institute of Nephrology & Urology (AINU), Hyderabad, have removed a “gigantic kidney” that contained 20 litres of fluid waste or pee.
- This patient’s left kidney was so enlarged that it was over 90 centimetres in diameter, pressing against other critical organs.
9-On Monday, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) office in Gannavaram, close to Vijayawada, was allegedly attacked and vandalised by the local YSR Congress MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi’s followers.
- Several attackers stormed the office and set fire to a car as well as the furnishings and other items.
10- After winning their respective matches, Hockey Punjab, Uttar Pradesh Hockey, and the Hockey Unit of Tamil Nadu each earned three points as the 13th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship 2023 proceeded on Monday in Kakinada (AP).
Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs
11-YSR Congress, the state’s ruling party, announced candidates for 18 Legislative Council seats on Monday, with the majority of seats going to members of the underprivileged classes.
- There are two applicants from Scheduled Castes and one from Scheduled Tribe, making a total of 11 candidates from the backward sections. The other four come from different castes.
12-The party YSR Congress has nominated two candidates for the governor’s quota and seven candidates from the MLA quota for the “local authorities” constituencies.
13-Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy, the general secretary of the YSRCP, revealed the identities of the 18 MLC candidates. According to him, the names were chosen by the chief minister Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy in accordance with the party’s position on ensuring social justice.
14-Kumbha Ravibabu and Karri Padmasri have been suggested by the YSRCP for nomination to the Legislative Council under the governor’s quota.
15 – In a contentious move, Sri Krishnadevaraya University administration will perform special religious rites to prevent “untimely” employee deaths.
- On February 24, a Sri Dhanavanthari Maha Mruthyunjaya Shanthi Homam will be held on the university premises. The decision was made in light of the recent deaths of a number of university staff members.
For more, Andhra Pradesh Current Affairs, click here
For other current affairs, click here